Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Life according to Ansley

Each time the kids take a bath, there is a discussion (ok, an argument) over who gets to get out of the bathtub first. Its not like whoever gets out first gets a prize. Honestly, whoever is the first one out is the one who must stand there wrapped in a towel longer, but anyway. This is the conversation between my children this morning:

Ansley: Who's turn is it to get out first?

Me: I can't remember.

Stephen: it my turn! I get out first!

Me: Ok - Stephen can get out first today.

Ansley (talking to Stephen in her "mama" voice): Stephen, don't you want to learn patience? It's not about who gets out first; its about who gets to learn patience. Don't you want to learn patience today? And make Jesus happy?

Stephen (falling for her speech hook, line and sinker): Ok - Sissy get out first.



I don't see him falling for this much longer.
I must admit that when I was a kid I got Luke to do stuff for me for a long time by saying, "Run and get my backpack out of the car; I will time you to see how fast you can go." He would take off running. Now, he would go get it just becuase he is a pretty nice guy. :)

2 comments:

A said...

love how she put in..."and make Jesus happy." so funny!!!

MBH said...

I am sitting here laughing my head off....she is too funny. Like mama like daughter. Does poor Luke know you used to do this to him???? I am glad you are writing all this in your blog. You should print it one day for Ansley when she is older.