Total Pageviews

Monday, August 22, 2011

How many days is 4K?

So we are well into our new school year. Ansley? loving it. Love her teacher, loves PE, loves being with me at school. She even went to breakfast by herself this morning! Proud of my girl.


Stephen? Well, here are a few highlights:
1. Stephen has been able to write his name fairly well for a while now. Ms. Debbie had them working on that skill from early on. But last week Stephen decided that he would only write his name as "Step." I asked him why. He replied, "Thats how I like to write it." I asked him if he would prefer Steve and that his teacher could help him learn to write Steve. "No." he said. I like Stephen. I just want to spell it Step."
Well, alright then.
2. They serve food in the cafeteria at St Vincents in dog bowl. Dog bowls? Yep. Here is Stephen's explanation on that one: "They give you food in dog bowls. You know, like when you don't eat all your meal at the Mariner and they put your hush dogs (aka hush puppies) in a dog bowl for you to take home."
Ahhhhh...making more sense now.
3. Stephen was in the bathtub the other night and said, "I can count to 20!" (which he can minus the number 15. He has never acknowledged the number 15. This is strange to me.) I said, "you are learning a lot at school." To which he replies, "how many more days of 4K? 20?" Um....way more than 20, bud. 
4. All last week I had to peel him off of my leg to get him to go in. This morning????? He walked in alone!And this weekend he talked about his friends, and the playground and the playdough and tracing circles - all with a spark in his eye. I may not get the volumes of information out of him like I do his sister, but he is telling me in his own way that he is going to be just fine in 4k. "I have a friend at school and his name is Miles." he told me.

Proud of my boy...

And as for Jamey? He made a student teacher break up a fight today. Nothing like learning on the job :)

1 comment:

MBH said...

LOve all of this! Hope to see you Thursday!