Total Pageviews

Monday, July 13, 2009

back to real life

I have GOT to get my rear end in gear. Considering I have been back in the states for almost a week now, I am still so sluggish. Clothes need to be put away - carpets vacuumed. I need a personal motivator to come over here and threaten me with bodily harm I guess. I am tempted at this point to call in the organizational queens in my life (Amanda B, Morgan H). I need to get my house in gear and start back with running/walking. I was doing so well in the spring and I enjoyed it and felt so much better. Why can't I keep up with it? I am just like the mass number of people in the world who start things and then don't finish them. Can't I do better??? I don't know. Maybe that is my problem. My friend Michele has a plan for us once school starts for running/walking our way toward some type of race after Christmas. I do feel excited about her plan though - so maybe there is hope for me!

I am so glad to be home with my kids. It took Ansley about 15 minutes to be an expert on my new I-phone (thank you Jamey!). Is there a way to lock her out of downloading apps??? Yikes!
She is going to VBS at night this week and loves it tonight. I love that she gives me a full report on the way home. I hope she will always do this (well, maybe not EVERYTHING in her life - but most things would be nice)
Stephen Duke, as I type this, is jumping from the sofa to the ottoman and yelling "Alphapig!" (from a show on PBS). I love this stage. Yesterday he wanted to wear his "cape" aka a yellow blanket - into the store, and you know what? I let him. I think it is precious. I think HE is precious. The potty training is still ongoing - I think, actually I know, if I buckled down, he would train very quickly.....

Summer is on the countdown now - I know I haven't written much about Ukraine and London - but I swear it is hard to process it right now. It was wonderful and I wouldn't change a thing. It is just hard to get everything into words. I am working on it.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

MBH said...

ok- I want an i phone complete with the Ansley manual. She is so smart. I bought tons of bins to start some organizing around here....I just have to get motivated to start. Good luck with the potty training...Katie is going through it with Cailey.