Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 11, 2010

But that's the part I like!!

I learned several months ago that getting up a few minutes earlier in the morning and making some sort of hot breakfast means my children are much friendlier at 6am. Cold cereal is not their thing usually. I might can slip in cereal once a week but thats about it. Its not like Im cooking pancakes or waffles - usually I just mix up muffins or put cinnamon rolls in the oven. Stephen actually eats breakfast at home about 6am and then eats a complete other breakfast at Ms. Debbie's at 8:00.

Wednesday morning I made mini blueberry muffins and put the tray on the dining room table to cool. Both kids were dressed but still laying on the couch watching cartoons. While I was drying my hair in the other room, Ansley comes to get me. "Come look what Stephen did!"
I walk into the dining room and see a full tray of muffins with EVERY single muffin top bitten off. Yep, he picked up each little mini muffin and ate the top of it and then neatly placed it back into the muffin tray.

Ansley. was. not. pleased.

With my only other offer cold cereal, she was a trooper and ate the bottom half of several muffins with her glass of milk.

Next time, I will cool the muffins OUT of arms reach.