Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 14, 2010

I Chop it in half!

One of the best things about my kids spending time with my mom is they get their hands down in good dirt. My mom is a gardener. Not vegetables so much, but flowers. Her yard is always beautiful. Last night as Jamey and I headed to Biloxi for a fun night with friends, my children were on their hands and knees in the dirt planting flowers with my mom. Ansley was delighted to find the dirt was full of worms. Now, my girl is all about ballet and dolls and cooking and fingernail polish, but this girl also loves dirt and worms and all things in the garden.
She was holding up the worms to show my mom when Stephen eyeballed one worm and raised his little spade saying, "I chop it in half!". Ansley was horrified and immediately rescued the worm from certain death. "Why would you want to chop it in half?" my mom asked Stephen. To which he then replies, "then we would have TWO worms."

This afternoon we are soaking up the sun in the backyard. In a fairly large backyard of grass and toys and treehouses, we have small space of red dirt. Guess where my kids usually end up? At this very moment, they are currently digging a rabbit hole. Yep, a rabbit hole to Wonderland. They have only managed about a 2 inch deep hole, but they are determined. I hope they make it.

No comments: