Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 3, 2010

the men in my life.

I am sitting with my laptop on the back patio watching the two boys I love more than I can say play a game of football in the backyard. Jamey runs with Stephen, throws the ball to him over and over b/c Stephen has not quite mastered the art of the catch, lets Stephen tackle him and is now teaching him how to do a victory dance after he scores his touchdown. . And for the past 30 minutes I have laughed at them in the backyard - I watched Stephen throw back his head and laugh from the deepest part of his little 3 year old body when his daddy chases him through the grass. Stephen loves his daddy. He trusts him completely.
"Catch me, Daddy! Catch me!"
"Let's have a game, daddy - Let's play where I win and you are happy that I win and then you will chase me again, Daddy. Ok, Daddy? That is the fun part, Daddy."

This is love, people.  My backyard is filled with love. How lucky am I?

2 comments:

aeb said...

You totally made me cry!!! SO sweet and precious...

MBH said...

Very lucky! I love your family and so does Peyton. :)