Total Pageviews

Monday, June 6, 2011

Bad, Bad Leroy Brown

As I just took a lortab and sweet sleep is on the way following a fun (not) morning at the oral surgeon, this will be short. Thanks to Great Grandma and D-Jo (aka Elizabeth) for taking the kids today.

We had many adventures last week on our trip. I will post actual mission happenings later, but here are a few thoughts from our time spent in airports/airplanes this past week.

1. Dear man in front of me - the flight attendant really does not care that you have some sort of elite status and "fly all the time." If anything, she is only slightly amused at you becuase you have half a purple fruit loop in your hair that may or may not have been launched by a Bat-a-rang that was quickly hidden in a four year olds carryon. (oopsie)

2. Little people with earphones in do not realize the volume of their voices. So in case of a bathroom alert, not only will I know the little person needs a trip to the restroom, so will all the others on board.

3. In the teeniest bathroom ever with mom and little person crammed inside - little person feels that he will be much more comfortable if he sings a few verses of Bad to the Bone and Bad, Bad Leroy Brown (yes, I too was impressed with his bathroom song choices). As there was no way I was leaving him in that airplane bathroom alone with his music (because  a. I was terrified he would accidentally flush himself down the scary toilet and b. I was terrified he would lock himself in there and be stuck and then flush himself down the scary toilet) I joined him for the duration of the bathroom trip. I am standing at his little knees, head crunched over while I tried to touch NOTHING and wished I didn't have to breath in there. After our second round of "meaner than a junkyark dog" - minus the profanity mind you, the little person was finished.
Thank. God.
We complete steps for good hygeine as best we can while crammed into the teeniest bathroom ever.
And then I hear it. "Mama - I think maybe I am not done."
And we start again.

4. When little person pulls out the safety card from the seatback in front of him, and begins to "read" the picture scenarios of what passengers should do in case of fire, crash landing, crash landing in water, lack of oxygen, etc. and he STILL has his earphones on - everyone on the plane will hear the little person announce "Hey Mama - if we crash this plane, we get to slide down the bouncy side. See? They put a picture. We all slide down away from the hot fire. See the hot fire mama?"
And of course he "reads" this before the plane has even taken off. I am pretty sure I saw a few people pop a nerve pill after his little speech.

5. Lastly, before I give in to the pill that should take away the pain of the morning, I would like to say that my two kiddos were champs on the plane. Over 6 days they took 6 flights and were on 7 different planes. On the 6th plane, we got on, got our seats, little person began playing pirates, we then sat, sat, sat, sat, were then told AC broken, so we begin to get off the place. Little person thinks we have already flown and are at our final destination. His daddy broke the news to him that we, in fact, had gone nowhere. "Are you sure, daddy? Are you sure we didn't fly? I think we might have."

Sweet babies. Pictures to come later. Time for sleep.

1 comment:

MBH said...

oh my! That is hilarious! Once again you have me rolling! (I love that song too )