Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 20, 2011

too many to count...

My heart melts too many times a day to count in this phase of my life. How blessed am I to say that? That pretty much every school day, my two children pour on the sweetness and I soak it in loving every second.

In the mornings, I drop Stephen off in car pool. He lets me put on his little backpack and our ritual conversation begins:
Me: Bye, buddy.
Stephen: Bye, Mommy.
Me: Have a great day.
Stephen: I will. And you have a great day too. I love you the most.
Me: I love you too.
blowing kisses back and forth as I drive away and he walks into the school building. The other moms are jealous I know and I secretly love it. Terrible of me, I know, but I just can't help it. A few of them are still peeling four year olds off their legs. Stephen walks in like he owns the place most mornings. But not before I get at least three kisses blown my way.

Be. Still. My. Heart.

Jamey says I am sending him down the path of mama's boy. But hey, what boy out there ISNT a mama's boy? (I'm kidding, of course!!!)

When Ansley and I get to school, she walks with me to clock in and then we walk hand in hand to her classroom. At her door, I get a hug, a kiss and then "just one more hug" before she goes in to her room. I can not describe how much I love seeing her face throughout the day. I get surprise hugs through out the week when she sneaks up behind me in the hallway or cafeteria. We will wave at each other with little waves when she is walking in line with her class. She loves, loves school. And I love, love seeing her happy and learning.

After much worry and stress over where both of the kids would attend school this year, I could not be more pleased. Both are blossoming and learning. Both are confident and creative.

So far, so good. I will take it.