Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 30, 2011

The last few days of October

Tonight it was getting close to bathtime and both of my kids were unusually wired. As in, Stephen at one point, looked at me and said, "I need you to open the door and let me run to the mailbox three times." I was more than happy to oblige in the hopes that some of the Halloween buzz would work its way out. Its not so much from an overload of candy as they really haven't eaten all that much yet - I supposed it is just that we have had one fun activity after another for several days straight. During the day on Friday, Stephen has his Blessing of the Goblins at school and a party, Friday night we painted the walls of the kids worship room at church and made caramel apples, Saturday was truck or treat at the Jags game (and received chick-fil-a sandwiches from the chick-fil-a cow!), today was church and the picnic afterwards with bouncers, playground, and a performance from the Ram Corp from UM which was VERY good. Since we have been home, they have not slowed down. I shooed them into the backyard several times, but finally it was too dark to make them stay outside any longer. Tomorrow Ansley will wear her witch costume to ballet class and she is THRILLED. And trickortreating with good friends tomorrow night. Maybe by Tuesday they will begin to move downhill in terms of energy to burn.... I am just hoping we don't crash into candy/fun withdrawal with short tempered worn out children.

here are a few pictures from the weekend....
Walking to the Blessing from class

Waiting with classmates for the  blessing

walking by the older kids

Ansley :) She and I were playing with the special effects



The toughest ninja around!

Chickfila in the treat bag!

No comments: