Total Pageviews

Friday, November 4, 2011

Losing my mind. Slowly. I hope not permanently.

So today I picked up Stephen from school and we came home. 20 minutes later, my phone rings. Its Jamey. Who is at Stephen's school to pick him up. "So, remember when you asked me to pick up Stephen?"
"Um, yes. Yes I do. And I offer no excuse other than I can't remember SQUAT these days."

I guess this isn't true. I haven't forgotten where I live or where I work. I can usually remember my children's names. I ALWAYS remember where the Halloween candy bowl is kept in the kitchen. Knowing the location of my car keys is always a toss up leading many times to me offering a prize to the kid who finds my keys the quickest in the mornings before school.

I made it to work each day this week. My kids were clean (mostly) and fed (not always the most healthy of foods). Ansley can pretty much check me on most of home tasks these days. For that I am thankful. "Did you put the clothes in the dryer, Mama?" Yes, these are questions she asks me.

This morning I was dressing Stephen in his Friday shirt. "It's not Friday, mama." he kept insisting. He does not care for his Friday shirt, which is where this protest was coming from... I had to stop for a full minute or two and make the case to myself that it WAS in fact, Friday. I finally decided that I was right and that it was Friday and that if we got to his school and it was not Friday that I would go back home and get him the correct shirt.

It IS Friday.

And for Fridays I say, AMEN.

No comments: