Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 13, 2011

4 days

So we leave in 4 days. My house is somewhat clean (all but the playroom and I am not tackling that without Ansley who was off with her Nanny all day today). Clothes are also clean (mostly) and since the kids wear uniforms every day until we leave, I can go ahead and pack most of their clothes. But right now Jamey is doing calculus prep work, Ansley is signing 125 Christmas cards for the residents of a local retirement home where her Christmas piano recital will be held and Stephen and I are watching Santa Claus is coming to town...or whatever the name of this movie is about Santa Claus. Stephen would like to know what a burgermeister is. I also would like to know, so we are about to Google it before bed.

Stephen has been a tad under the weather - cough, raspy voice. He and I stayed home today to give him some rest and hopefully get rid of whatever it is before we drive to Orlando at the end of the week. He is in good spirits though.
I am a little sad to be missing out on a Colorado Thanksgiving with Luke and Sara. My parents fly up there next week. But they are coming here for Christmas and then I think the kids and I (and hopefully Jamey) will squeeze in a trip to CO in January. A nice gentle snow would be nice while we are there - no blizzards or the like. Especially if I am there without Jamey!
Since my last post, Stephen Jack is officially 5 years old. 5 years old??? oh my. I was carrying him on my hip to bed last night. I really have to stop doing that. A) He can walk just fine. B) Its just not good for me to pick him up right now and C) he is 5. But my goodness, I just love my little man. We are on the countdown for my big girl to turn 8. 8???? Two years away from a decade she tells me :( They both just keep growing and learning. They both make me laugh everyday. I am thankful for them. And for the blessings God has for us down the road.
Did I mention 4 days to Disney/???

No comments: