Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My list

I try and try to remember things throughtout the day to blog about that evening, but this is not an easy task. I know some people blog from their phones, but I just can't blog with one finger. I just can't. I tried. So I have to do my writing at home on an actual computer. Which means that lots of times, I have simply forgotten what I wanted to write about by the time I get home at night. So I just going to make a random list for my blog post tonight. Here we go:

1. Tonight at church we had the Hanging of the Greens, which is a lovely and meaningful part of the Advent season. Our church decorated tables with actual "greens." Meaning they had a fabulous scent (even I could smell them with this cold/sinus infection thing I have going on) and they were beautiful. They were also covered in sap. Did my 5 year old or almost 8 year old come home covered in sap? Nope. That would be me. My clothes, my hands, my chin (my chin???????). i have washed my hands repeatedly. Sap is some sticky mess (who knew?) guess I will carry this sticky reminder of the meaningful Hanging of the Greens ceremony for a while longer.

2. Tonight I committed the ultimate December transgression and bought something for myself at Target. I had a little Scentsy money left and I bought a purse. As I was still using the one from the summer and had been reminded by several people that it was seasonally inappropriate (good lord) I thought I would break down and see what they had at Target. I chose a nice sensible brownish bag I thought people would approve of while shopping with Stephen and Ansley before church tonight. As I was putting it in the buggy, Stephen gasps, "Mommy - this purse. This is the purse you need." He is holding a greenish bag. That is a terrible description of it as you might be thinking pea soup green or Grinch green and it is neither of those things - it is actually quite nice. Just a bit out of the box for me. "Get this purse, mama. It goes with your face and all your hair." he tells me. So.....I am just going to assume you know which purse I left the store with this evening. And it wasn't the brown purse. Gah! I hope I am one of those mamas who will raise a good future husband. I must be doing something right, b/c this little 5 year old man can lay on a compliment that makes a girl swoon.

3. I am clicking and shopping away from Christmas this week. Or I need to be. I also need to be working on my Disney Photo pass book as Disney gives you 30 days (30 days!?!?!?) only to create and order your book. Talk about pressure! I suppose it is good, as otherwise I would probably be home on maternity leave thinking about making this book. But geez, December is not a good time for additional deadlines. But I want this book, so at some point (midnight one night?) I am going to get it done.

So I think three things on my random list is good enough for tonight. Time for my nightly cereal. and  Brrrr...this is not my kind of weather. Goodnight, all!

No comments: