Total Pageviews

Monday, March 9, 2009

a weekend with the Duke family

We had a really great weekend and more and more I am so appreciating what I have - both in my family, my job and in other things as well.

Friday night was a wonderful dinner with Jamey at a newer restaurant downtown (the bull - I highly recommend it) and then off to window shop at Best Buy. Come to think of it, I think everyone was window shopping in Best Buy Friday night. I have a serious craving for an Ipod NANO, but I am waiting for tax refund fairy to show up before making that purchase anyway.

Saturday, Jamey and I took the kids to the American Cancer Society Chili Cookoff. It was an absolutely gorgeous day, but it was too crowded! They need to move it out of Beinville Square to somewhere bigger for next year. Here are a few pictures of the day - Ansley in the middle with friends Jordan and Anna Faith on either side of her.
Here are a few of Stephen


That night I went to the Mobile Ballet production of Dracula - who knew I had such a thing for vampires??? It was spectacular. We also ate at Cafe 615 downtown and it was good but our waitor was sarcastic and rude! That can really ruin a good dinner.

Sunday - well, Sunday we skipped all other responsible choices like church and laundry and closet cleaning (ok - that sounds like I am comparing church to chores, and I promise I am not! ) and went to the beach with the kids. It made me happy. It made my kids happy. This is important to me. The water was Freezing to say the least - Ansley was the only one brave enough to splash around at the edge. She kept trying to coax Stephen into putting his toes in and he kept shaking his head no. "too cold sissy - too cold"
He is such a sweet little man. "I want hold you" is what he says when he wants me to hold him or pick him up. Melts my heard every single time. Ugh. I am glad Jamey is there to do the discipline sometimes b/c I am just so in love with both the kids!!

2 comments:

'BOTB said...

Your family is so cute! I think it's really nice to take time out together to just be a family.

Wish we lived closer so I could get to know those little ones. They are so adorable and look just like you and Jamey!

MBH said...

AWWW! I want a weekend with the Duke family. Ya'll have fun over there! Stephen is SUCH a little Jamey. They are twins born 30 years apart. Too cute! Katie is coming next weekend and staying a week so we need to get the kiddos together.