Total Pageviews

Monday, March 30, 2009

A new week

Well I am on the countdown to Spring Break. We have no actual plans to go anywhere but honestly that is ok with me. There is an AWESOME children's discovery center in Gulfport that I plan on visiting one day with the kids.

On the forefront of this week's adventures:
1. The road between my house and Ansley's school is completely washed away in one place. I mean - the road is gone - caved in probably 15 feet. And why? Yes, it did rain heavily last week but the main reason is that the redneck genius who lives right down from her school - maybe 1/2 a mile, made himself a nice big mudhole - I mean 'pond' that caused the road to cave in.
And what does this do to my morning??? I now have to take Ansley south of my house into Irvington to catch a ride with my friend Michele who drives north up through Grand Bay to take her Colin and my Ansley to school. In the afternoons I get to drive off road on the dirt "road" that runs parallel to I-10 to try to pick her up. If it rains? I am not driving the dirt road which means I have to go back south of I-10 to Hwy 90 and then back up and around. This. Makes. Me. Angry!! I hope they make that man pay for his big mud hole!!!
OK - I realize this is not a life altering situation - but still!

2. Stephen is now in his new room at school. The room that has potties! I bought pullups this weekend and sent them to school with Stephen. I had high hopes for at least one successful potty usage today. Sadly, no potty action at school today. But I got a little boy running across the room and jumping into my arms after school today with kisses and a tight squeeze. I'll take that any day.

3. Ansley can read!!! I don't think she is quite ready for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (oh, but that will be soon!!!) but she is doing really well. I am very proud of her. She is a blending machine!!!

Here are some pictures of our afternoon today. We are going to attempt a tomato plant, some squash and some peppers. I am thinking positively, but we shall see how the Duke family garden pans out.






Oh - and here is out latest purchase. A new gazebo for the back patio. We are enjoying sitting outside! The kids call it "our little house." Jamey played a board game with the kids there this afternoon while waiting for the grill to be ready.

No comments: