Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Countdown to 5K

This Saturday I will run my very first "race". I put the word race in quotes, b/c I am pretty sure I will be racing no one as I drag my butt across the finish line. Nonetheless, I will be there and I hope I can finish in a somewhat decent time for a girl who has never done this before.

We have been running and doing zumba at school for weeks so I hope I am ready.

Luke and Sara are coming in town and I was REALLY hoping Luke would run it with me - but he has another commitment. But there are about 7 or 8 or us from work doing it together so I hope we can encourage each other over the hills of Langam Park.

Stephen took a field trip with the lady who keeps him today. They went to the library for storytime and then to Chickfila - I can't wait to hear about his day when he gets home.

Last night, he threw his shoe in the truck while Jamey was driving. So when we got home, he had to go straight to bed. It was late anyway, so it really wasn't much of a consequence. But in his mind, we had sentenced him to a horrible fate. As he lay in his bed (fake) crying, he wouldloudly say, "I a punished boy!" Hilarious.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

3 comments:

Ellis said...

Lettie, good luck on your race! You will do great. I hope that it is not quite as muggy and hot when you run as it is right now!

Have a good time. :)
Ellis

MBH said...

You'll do AWESOME I know it and you'll be addicted to the races... See you guys on Thursday the 22nd unless I hear from you!

A said...

good luck!!! and just pace yourself and finish!!!