Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A great parenting moment...

So I have been really making an effort to help my kids in the being thankful department. So last night, as we all say by the fire watching a bowl game (ugh) we could hear the wind blowing. It was probably about 25 degrees outside.

"Wow", I said. "Jack Frost is really blowing out there. We are so lucky to have a warm house and warm pajamas!"
Stephen asked, "who is Jack Frost?"
"He brings the cold air" I replied.
"oh" said Stephen.

We did not discuss it beyond that.

About 30 minutes later, I was tucking him into bed. He looks up at me and his eyes are full of tears.
"What is wrong, baby?" I asked him.

We now have full on crying so it takes me a moment to decipher the words between the sobs and tears.

"I been good mama. I was good at Ms. Debbie's" he tells me.

"of course you were!" I say.

"So Jack Frost wont blow me to the cold air??" he asks with wide brown eyes.

Um, ok, so perhaps I didn't really teach that lesson so well. In my attempt to teach him to appreciate his warm house, I made him worry that some guy named Jack was going to come blow cold air on him while he slept.

Well, you can't win them all.

2 comments:

Gillian O'Daniel said...

Oh my goodness, so cute!

MBH said...

That is hilarious. I have tears streaming down. Poor Stephen....I was laughing before you got to the end....I just knew something was going to happen with poor Jack Frost.