Total Pageviews

Monday, January 25, 2010

Its Me!

Sunday morning the weather was horrible (again) so Jamey and I debated for a bit on who exactly was going to church. I had to go that morning as I was participating in the service, but with the rain pouring down and the wind blowing things around in the yard, we considered having him stay home with the kids.
There was a short break in the rain, so we decided quickly that we would all go.
The process of getting ready for church was put into warp speed.

While I was in the shower, I hear little feet in the bathroom.
"Who is in there?" I hear Stephen yell in my direction.
"Its Mommy." I tell him.
"Oh" he says.
"Who are you?" I ask him.
"It's Stephen." He replied. "The boy that lives in this house and has a big bed."

My thought at that moment was that Stephen knows he belongs here. This is his house and he likes us! Our family would not be complete without Ansley or Stephen. They are at home here with us. And although they don't know it to tell you: they are safe here. Safe to be silly, to run around after bathtime wrapped only in a towel, safe to tell us how they feel and what they think.

I am glad to be their mommmy. And I am glad we live here together. I would not have it any other way.

1 comment:

MBH said...

What a cute conversation. I can't wait to have those with Peyton. Ansley and Stephen are so lucky to have you and Jamey and a safe home, as there are many kids who don't. They will grow up to do great things because of you two!