Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Healthy and Happy




My little man had a rough week last week. My kids almost never get sick (knock on wood) The picture above is from last Saturday at the parade of Dauphin Island. If you look at the picture now, you can tell he is going downhill. I thought it was just from lots of outdoor fun and no nap, but he is pale in the picture. 24 hours later he started running fever and it literally did not stop until 6 days later. 2 separate trips to the doctor said it was viral. And of course, I knew it was probably viral. We have been so blessed with healthy kids. Sunday night, I knew he had fever, but did we even own a working thermometer? Nope.
He missed a full week of "school" at Ms. Debbie's house. BUT, he is now back to his usual sweetness. He does have a very nasty cough (the dr thinks he developed a secondary infection and finally gave us some meds) so I will be glad when that cough is gone.

Ansley has been healthy so far and is such a helper. I swear if baby Duke #3 does ever appear, that baby will have 2 mamas. She can run a bath, dress Stephen, load the dishwasher and make herself popcorn in the microwave. She can also completely work my Iphone including the copy and paste feature.

I'm proud of my girl. She likes to help. I'm crossing my fingers that she will somehow be immune to the teenage cloud of drama and moodiness when those days arrive. I can always hope, can't I?

1 comment:

MBH said...

That is almost exactly what happened to Peyton all the way down to the non working thermometer. I asked the nurse what they used and went straight to WalMart and bought it. He still wakes himself up coughing, but it is much better than it was. Poor Stephen.....Ansley is such a big girl. I need her to come live with me....I'll pay her a great rate, no child labor charges from me. :) I saw Mrs. Duke at the store again....we have a weekly meeting now!