Total Pageviews

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year






It is 9:48 in the morning on New Years Day and I am the only one awake. Even Macy is snoring on the floor next to me. The sun is apparently not showing itself today, so my family may sleep all day. I am not sure how I ended up with kids that like to sleep in, but I will take it. I like being the first one up in the mornings.

One of the best sounds in the morning is little feet running down the hallway. And I mean, running. They wake up, and they run full speed around the curved hallway. I am then greeted with a gigantic sleepyhead grin. Now on school days? Not so much. I don't think Ansley actually wakes up until we are almost to her school.

Jamey and I had a really nice dinner with friends last night. We were then tempted to go watch the moonpie rise over Mobile Bay, but we actually decided against that and came home earlier than we thought. And it was nice. I was in my bedroom that was actually clean for once (yes, all the clothes were hung up or folded in the drawers - surprise, surprise) at the stroke of midnight. After a new years kiss from the my sweet husband, I was snuggled in and fast asleep in clean sheets warm from the dryer. Happy New Year to me!

2 comments:

'BOTB said...

What is it about clean sheets that make the world feel anew? Missing you and wishing you could be up here with your kids, building snowmen and drinking hot cocoa by the fire...

Gillian O'Daniel said...

There is nothing better then clean sheets! What a fabulous way to ring in the New Year!