Total Pageviews

Monday, November 22, 2010

Life according to Reba....

I am a quote person. I like quotes. I like to read books that are full of quotes. I end parent bulletins at school with quotes. I stick them in our yearbook. I just like them. Mother Teresa is one of my favorites. Another is Kermit the Frog (he has some good stuff out there - look it up sometime)
There are so many great leaders, thinkers, and writers who have given us wise words by which to live our lives.  I saw one today by Reba McEntire and I liked it. It spoke to me today.  Wise Reba McEntire. Hey - she has to be pretty smart to manage singing, acting and a shoe career. So here is the quote:
To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ~Reba McEntire

This is brilliant. Today, I saw all three of things. So here goes:
1. Wishbone: I wished ALOT today. I wished I could blink myself to Ansley's school when they called to tell me she had passed out and hit her head. I wished I could blink the EKG maching to her school and take a reading immediately. I wished that she would not be scared. I got one wish. Maybe one and a half. I made it to her school in record time, there was no EKG maching there, but she was not scared. She knew we would be headed to the dr. And we went home to get some clean clothes for her and she carefully chose which baby doll would be the lucky companion of the day.

2. Backbone -I really found my backbone on the last round of investigation into Ansleys issues. I always try to be very respectful and polite to medical staff (as they have to deal with the public daily and I feel their pain) but I am also not afraid to say I need someone to listen to me. And I need it today. Now. And they do. I am not scared to ask questions or to send Jamey to find someone - anyone.

3. Funnybone - this pops up in the most unexpected places. On the way to the hospital, my mom and I laughed as I groaned when she hit every yellow light on Springhill and immediately hit the breaks. She was not going through a yellow light - as much as I hit the pretend gas pedal on the floorboard of the passenger seat. But of course, she was right - there was no need to drive like a NASCAR driver. Ansley was fine in the backseat.

So we are home  - Ansley has her heart monitor for a while. Hopefully we will catch something on the monitor and it will give us some answers. But she is a happy girl tonight. Watching tinkerbell and planning our breakfast menu for Thanksgiving day. Our menu for breakfast is a surprise for her daddy. I love planning events with my girl. I am blessed.

1 comment:

MBH said...

Very scary, but you have such good perspective on the whole thing. Sounds very familiar to what mom went through with Katie. We prayed for God to show you what the issue is with Ansley at Peyton's bedtime. also, Thanks for supporting Beth! :0 You are such a good friend.