Total Pageviews

Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday Funday....or something like that

Here is a list of the Duke family's most recent updates:

1. Stephen has decided that he will not be attending school. Ever. K4 next year? No, thank you. I am not interested. Going to big school with other big kids? Nope. Not for me. Ok - so we have a few months to work on this.

2. Ansley and I were riding in the car listening to the radio. Dave Matthews' song "You and Me" came on so cue Ansley and I to sing along through the entire song. At the end of the song Ansley comments, " This song makes me think of Daddy. You and Daddy sing this song." This makes my heart happy. She sees that we love each other, and that is healthy for kids, right??? She then continues, " Also, that Toker song makes me think of Daddy. I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm midnight toker." yes, baby, that song also makes me think of Daddy. This makes my heart sort of confused.

3. I can barely type this without gagging, but Tilly (the newest member of our family) is in ......HEAT! Blech. There. I said it. Ugh. She was literally scheduled for her "fix all her business" surgery one week after her hormones started going crazy. So now we have a 6 month old hormonal hyper puppy. Y.I.K.E.S. So Tilly is in confinement until her delicate condition improves. Oh yes, you can have a dog fixed while they are in heat, but guess what?? It costs about triple the price. So she is just gonna have to make it through this stressful emotional time. I am hoping I make it too. (GAG.)

4. Fantasy football is a completely separate world that many people have no idea even exists. Fantasy football means Jamey not only watches pro-football, but also participates in "pretend" , I mean "fantasy" games. Long telephone conversations about things that are not actually happening in real life take place. Setting lineups, checking scores, staying up until west coast games are over at 1am to see your score at the end of the night. All fantasy football inspired actions. Secretly, I kind of want to play next year just to see if I can beat any of these boys and make their blood pressure go up.  I can't watch this much football without some of it sinking into my brain. My mom says my competitive side is getting the best of me. And honestly, the last thing I need is another reason to pick up the laptop.

5. And finally, we all had a lot of fun this past weekend enjoying Halloween activities. Stephen dressed up as Cat in the Hat. Ansley was Tiger Lilly (The Indian from Peter Pan - NOT Pocahontas - don't confuse the two). Stephen very much liked his costume, but his hat would become itchy after a little while so he would take his hat off and say, "Do not call me Cat in the Hat. Because I am not in the hat. I am now Cat out of the Hat."

Happy November, everyone!