Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Homeschool??

Ansley and Stephen play school quite a bit. Or I should say, Ansley tries to talk Stephen into playing school. He is much less enthusiastic about it than he used to be. He will end his time with Ms. Debbie in May this spring :( and will start K4 in August :(

Ms. Debbie has been so wonderful for all of us. I told Jamey we may have another baby just so I can go visit with Ms. Debbie every day.
A few weeks ago, as Ansley was trying to convince Stephen it would be fun to sit in the "desk" and listen to her teach him "long vowel sounds", he told her, "I'm going to wear my underwear to school!"
"What?" Ansley said. "You can't wear only your underwear to school. It is not allowed. Unless you homeschool"
"What is home-school?" Stephen asked.
"It is where you stay home and your mommy teachers you instead of a teacher at school." Well, that was enough to sell Stephen on the concept on homeschooling right there.
"Imma homeschool, Mama. Me and you. Ansley will go to school and I will homeschool, ok mama?"

Um.....I am pretty sure homeschooling is NOT in our future...of course, never say never, but it is not in any of MY plans anyway.
So we are trying to positively talk about K4 as much as we can! Stephen is ignoring us on each attempt. Oh well - we have time, right????

1 comment:

MBH said...

That is the cutest conversation ever. It would be enough to make me say ok I'll stay home and teacher you! I also loved yesterdays blog post about the American doll. It cracked me up that Stephen wouldn't go inside!