Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

up in the ATL


It was a great weekend in Atlanta. Despite torrential downpours and figid temps, the Duke and Self family had a great time. Here are a few pictures of the trip: 
^Disclaimer - I left my camera in Mobile - so all of these pictures were taken on my phone. So they are not the best, but they get the job done. Steve gave the kids their own cameras, so it will be interesting to see how those pictures turn out when we get them developed!

Ansley's doll Kit took a trip to the American Girl Doll Store Salon and Spa (Yes, you read that right - the DOLL went to the salon.) My mom and I were amazed such a thing existed - yet, it does. Ansley loved it. Honestly, I loved it too. Stephen? Not so much. He hit the brakes at the Pink doors to the store and flat out told the store greeter, "There is now way I am going in there." He was very happy to have his Grandad and Mamaw take him to the Disney Store...
Here is Kit at the spa....She seemed to enjoy the pampering. I know I would have. :-/



 Ansley with her loot from the American Girl Doll store...
 Ansley and Kit. Kit is sporting glowing skin from her facial and body scrub, and freshly styled new hairdo, and a new winter outfit.
 Big Steve and Little Steve....
 Ansley giving Stephen some love at the Fernbank musuem
 Very impressive bubble wall by Jamey
 Stephen and his uncle (for some reason Stephen decided to just call Luke "Uncle" instead of "Uncle Luke" which cracks me up

 Ansley and Jamey touching the sting rays and sharks at the aquarium (which is AWESOME, by the way.)
 Ansley sitting on some rocks. She was not excited about taking a picture...
 A fish.
 A White alligator.
 A sea dragon. This is a daddy one and he is PREGNANT. Stephen had a VERY hard time with this concept. He looked at the lady talking like she was nuts. "I am glad I am not a Sea dragon, " he said. 

 D-Jo and Punky posing for the camera
 Stephen and Jamey get up close to the giant sting rays
 A very beautiful jellyfish. Looks painful.
 Notice the weather? Yeah - it was like that 90% of the time. They were engrossed in a movie in this shot. They were waiting to show their excitement at our daily adventures for outside the car I am sure.

1 comment:

aeb said...

How fun!!!! Love your posts, Lettie... and the pics are great!