Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Petti-cares and Egg Drop Soup

So I think Stephen will make an excellent husband one day. Of course, I am sure I am biased. But it can not hurt that he has spent the last year or two with mostly girls. Abby, Madeline and Juliet are his playmates each day. Baby Parker (a boy) and Baby Elle (a girl) are also there.

But spending so much time with girls can only help him later I think.

Stephen: Today we did not learn our letters.
Me: You didn't?
Stephen: Nope. We learned about petti-cares.
Me: Petti-cares?? What is that?
Stephen: You know, a petti-care. When you take care of your toes. Girls love it. Abby and Madeline and Juliet love petti-cares. They tried to petti-care me. I said, NO WAY.

In other news, my girl was upset after school today b/c a certain little brother got ahold of the DS and reset one of the games. She was not mad at him, but just cried to me. which is not like her at all. 99% of the time, if we see tears from Ansley, it means she has not eaten enough. And we act quickly. There was never any connection between what or how much she ate to the passing out episodes, but I don't like her to be hungry. My mom says Ansley is just like her mom. Food is low on the priority list. My grandmother used to "forget to eat". I mean, who does that?? Not me! Ansley would forget to eat quite often if I didn't remind her that we have three meals a day. So when I saw tears this afternoon after school, I knew food was a priority.
On Monday nights I go to class at South so Jamey and the kids are on their own. And last night for dinner? Take out Chinese (Jamey and the kids LOVE it)

Crying Scene in the kitchen:
Me: Aren't you hungry? Don't you want something to eat?
Ansley: (sniff, sniff) Yes, I want Egg Drop Soup.
Me: That is what would make you feel better?
Ansley: Yes - Egg Drop Soup and sweet and sour chicken is what I need.
Me: You need it?
Ansley: Yes. I need it. (sniff, sniff)

Good thing for leftovers.....

1 comment:

MBH said...

Your posts always brighten my day and make me laugh! I think I might have to stop into Stephen's school next time they are giving petti-cures! I need one badly!