Total Pageviews

Monday, April 4, 2011

deep thoughts

So most of you out there know that Stephen is now playing tball. We had his first game last week - and it was mostly a good experience. Stephen got a little frustrated at one point. There are a few kids on the team who will tackle any of their teammates to get the ball (um, hello? They are on your team!) but he really enjoyed hitting and running the bases and it was smiles all around at the end of the game. So I call it a success (Jamey says at this point I must admit that when Stephen teared up about half way through I was ready to carry him off the field and to wherever his little heart desired. He is my baby!! What can I say?!?!?!) Anyway -

Before the game started, Stephen and I had gotten there a little early. I took him to watch the game before so he could see what would happen during his own game. He watched the kids hit and run the bases. He watched them line up in the field. I explained some of what was going on. All the while, Stephen is gazing out into the field, nodding his head, seemingly following along to my (I thought) well spoken explanation of the rules of tball. "Do you have any questions about tball?" I asked him.
"Well," he said. "I was wondering if people in China have poptarts."
"Oh, " I said. "Well, i guess maybe they do."

So much for my moment of passing along my baseball wisdom. We apparently were more interested in which countries of the world are lucky enough to have poptarts.

After the game - Ansley was at a sleepover

Stephen and Poppy - Before the game

1 comment:

aeb said...

Love the poptart curiosity! :)
Hilarious!!!
And... super-cute pics! You are beautiful, friend!!!