Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 15, 2012

10 days in...

10 days in with the newest little member of our family.

She came on a Thursday in April. She came when the doctor finally said, "Enough." but she still didn't come when they thought she would. She was already on her own little schedule. No surprise really, this pregnancy was nothing like my first two. My blood pressure would not stay down which had already bought me two trips to Labor and Delivery. This third trip, this one that started on a Wednesday, would be my last. Three weeks before her due date, on a late Thursday afternoon, she came. And she came fast. She was seven pounds, six ounces of strength and wide open steel blue eyes. The same color as Ansley's - the same color that most of the nurses said would change. Ansley's didn't - she is still my blue eyed girl (blue eyes gifted from her daddy.) We will see if hers turn - I am guessing they will not.
I can see both of my kids in her. And her own little personality as well. She left the hospital at 6 pounds, 14 ounces. My littlest of my three babies. Little, but nothing weak about her. Lifting her head in the hospital, and latching on like a champ to eat from the first hour of life.

She has many names already - usually Molly James. Sometimes Molly. Both Ansley and Stephen call her Molly James. Jamey and I do too. Other names we have heard so far: MoJo (from her Uncle David), Jim (from a friend at church), and MJ. I don't mind any of them. She is our Molly James.

Here are her favorite things so far:
nursing
her older sister and brother
nursing when she wants to and immediately
being carried around or held, even when sleeping
nursing (you get the picture on that)

Things she does not care for:
Any kind of paci. period.
laying on her back
waiting to nurse
mittens on her hands

In the backyard a few days ago, the kids and I made up a song. I am hoping we catch them singing it on video pretty soon. Each of the kids has little songs I made up for them. Ansley's is a song about a Little Bean,Stephen 's song is about a Little Man. Molly James' is a little longer - but extra special as both her sister and brother helped to write it.
She's Molly James.
That's her name.
She's Molly James.
She's right as rain.
She's Molly James.

Be still my heart when one or both of them are singing to her.

She is perfect. Soft and small and delicious. Constantly talking to us, cooing at us, humming, singing - while she eats, in her sleep - it makes no difference - she is vocal. We all listen as she does. We listen and look at each other and smile. We guess what she is saying,what she is dreaming. We tell the kids, "look, see her smile in her sleep? The angels are playing with her. Blowing her kisses, making her laugh, telling her she is loved. The angels sent her to us from God. Now it is our turn to make her laugh. To keep her safe. To blow kisses and whisper how much we love her."

A little one only 10 days old. She's our Molly James. She's right as rain. 

2 comments:

MBH said...

And you're back! Love reading your blog and can't wait to meet this little one!

'BOTB said...

Right as rain, indeed. Love you Dukes!