Total Pageviews

Monday, April 2, 2012

My Monday

I am resting these days. I think, anyway. I am apparently not so good at resting. If you have to work at resting, does that defeat the purpose?

But anyway...my only outing of the day was to take Ansley to ballet after school. While she was dancing I ran to WinnDixie. I should not have. The following list highlights the three reasons I should have just stayed home:

1. While I was driving to the store, the nurse called me and the tests the hospital lab was supposed to run this weekend were missing. Was I sure I did a 24 hour urine collection?? um, let me think. Yes. I am pretty sure I did and I am pretty sure my mom took the jug to the lab Saturday night for me. I don't think even I could remember that whole 24 hours incorrectly.

2. There was a lady in the store with her two boys. She kept asking them what they wanted. On each aisle. "Do you like Fruit Loops? Or would you rather have Corn Pops?" The two boys answer differently, fight ensues between the two boys, mom says, "alright we will just buy both." Repeast on every single aisle of the store.
Lucky me, she was in front of me checking out. Her phone number would not work to get the discount. Our cashier was a rule follower and would not let her use my card to get her discount and would she please fill out another information sheet to get a new card? To quote my husband, "Sheesh."

3. Ansley and I stopped to get takeout from the Shrimp Basket for dinner. While waiting, we watched a mom and dad and their probably 20 year old son, eat their dinner, then proceed to complain loudly that it was nasty, demand a discount, and then stiff the poor waitress. BURNED. ME. UP. The manager was way nicer than I would have been. And I probably would have voiced my opinion had my 8 year old not been sitting on the stool next to me happily humming a song. I did not think of it then, and I didn't have any cash anyway, but I really, REALLY wish I had given that waitress $5. The horrid family leaves, the poor waitress is busing her table, and the son comes back in to demand a drink to go. The manager at this point does in fact tell him that they don't have any to go cups. As I am sitting there holding a giant to go cup full of ice water with extra lemon (I can't get enough), I held my breath a second waiting for the drama. There was none. Thank goodness. Still makes me mad.

Tomorrow my only outing is to 1) the quiet room at the BattleHouse. I am predicting a much better morning where I am home by lunch. and 2) to Jamey's grandmother's house for dinner tomorrow night where I am more that welcome (encouraged even) to lay on the couch and not move.

Side note: Ansley seems to have bites from some sort of mystery bugs from the weekend. Tonight in the bathtub, I asked Stephen, "Why does sissy have bites and you don't?"
His reply: "Well, I guess I taste like nothing and she tastes like bug food."

Well, there you go.

Happy Monday, people!

(Baby Watch 2012 is officially on - still ready when you are, baby girl.) 

1 comment:

MBH said...

Quiet room sounds good. I too must taste like bug food because I am always covered in skeeter bites and your 3 reasons made me want to stay home too.....I need to come lay on that couch with you