Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 17, 2012

I started this blog a few years ago for the main purpose of keeping my brother up to date on family happenings while he was on the other side of the world for his deployment to Iraq. It was much easier to write here and post pictures than to compose an email and attach multiple images. But I kept up with it even after he returned safely to his sweet wife Sara here in the States - and now I try to update several times a month. I will eventually turn this blog into a book (there are websites just for doing that) and I look forward to having the memories saved. I try to remember things during the week to add, sometimes that works and sometimes I forget things. When Ansley and Stephen were born, I was a scrapbook fiend. I have their baby years scrapbooked out. I will do the first year for Ms. Molly James (that is my goal anyway) but mostly I am just blogging these days, not scrapbooking. I do love to scrapbook, but I just can't keep up. Blogging is super fast and can be done from multiple locations. It just makes things easier.

This morning Molly James and I went for a walk. My goal was two miles. We went before 8am to try and beat the heat. We succeeded for the most part - she was not thrilled with the stroller, but I really want her to be used to going for walks bc eventually, in the fall, she will be in the jogging stroller as I get back into running. I will walk and run as much as I can this summer, but I just can't stand the heat. I much prefer signing up for fall, winter and spring 5ks. My friend Shannan is trying to talk me into the Disney Princess Half Marathon in January :) We will see about that.
I am trying not to be discouraged that most of my clothes don't fit. I think to myself, what would I tell someone else in my position? I would say, "You are only 6 weeks postpartum. You were pregnant for 9 months. Surely you don't expect to lost all that in just 6 weeks. It takes time. Don't be hard on yourself."
Unfortunately saying this to other mamas, and then saying it to myself are two different things. So, in the words of my friend Michele, baby steps (pun intended even though she insisted it wasn't). We started with our walk today ( I was cleared by the dr yesterday to exercise) and we will go from there. Hopefully clothes will start to slowly fit better. And I will do my best to not be hard on myself about getting back to where I want to be.

Baby steps.

1 comment:

Ellis said...

I have been there and know exactly how you feel. I am back to where I was, weight wise, but things are just different. Some days I'm ok with it, some days I beat myself up. I don't have a lot of advice, bc I obviously didn't lose weight quickly or easily after Gaillard. 8.5 months of breastfeeding didn't make the weight "fall off" at all! Oh well, life's too short to beat yourself up. I am focusing on being healthier now, not on the numbers on the scale as much. Look at the three beautiful lives you made! :) Happy Friday!