Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The middle of May

Its not as though I a) have nothing to write about or b) don't have time. Because there is plenty going on around here and I also somehow seem to find time to watch three hours of the Today Show each morning. But in my defense, I can spend three hours snuggled up on the couch watching The Today Show with a 5 week old little squishy, snorty, kissable ball of sweetness and frankly that trumps just about everything most morning. I do try to be productive after the Today Show goes off....I swear. This has not been the most fun week so far for me personally as I have now had half a root canal at the endodontist yesterday and today a trip to the oral surgeon for a follow up on a procedure that had to be put on hold once we realized Ms. Molly James was on her way. But both of the dentists yesterday and today are fabulous and I would be glad to recommend either one if you ever have a need ( I hope you don't)

So here are a few highlights:
1. I had the not so fun opportunity to talk to Ansley about what to do if a stranger approached her while she was playing outside. We live in a nice neighborhood, but goodness, I don't think that matters much anymore. The news was reporting that a truck was cruising through neighborhoods near ours trying to entice young girls to get into the truck with him. Ansley watched the news story with me that day (randomly, not on purpose) so I jumped on the chance to talk to her about what she would do if that happened. Mainly, drop her bike, and run like hell back to my house or another house she knows for a fact is safe. But I also talked to her about what someone might say to her, "I know your mom." or "I need help finding my dog." I am glad I talked to her about it, but geez, that is heartbreaking to do. Right before Molly James was born I had to talk with her about what the "middle finger" meant as some boys at school were doing it. She asked if it was bad. I told her yes. I didn't go into much explanation about it, other than it was a very ugly thing to do. I told her when she saw it to look away, ignore it and then tell me about it later. The girl is 8. The conversations to come will not get any easier I know. Goodness growing up is hard.

2. Stephen Jack says some hilarious stuff these days and keeps us laughing. He has been listening to the soundtrack to Tarzan the Disney movie lately in his room. In the car the other day, he told Ansley, "That song is on the 'sound-a-track' that I have." We cracked up in the front seat. He also called his water bottle for soccer his "tank." He knows a tank holds water - and that is what his water bottle does - so a tank it must be. I love this. I don't correct him. He is doing so well at swimming lessons last week and this week. I am proud of him as he was a tad nervous but still put on his brave face and did everything the teacher asked.

3. Ms. Molly James will be 6 weeks on Thursday (6 weeks???!!! How did that happen?) Sweet baby girl. I will write more about her in an update soon.

Here are a few pictures....
Molly James' first trip to church. She was thrilled as you can see.

Molly James will raise her hands in her sleep quite a bit. Stephen thinks it is hilarious! I will say, "Pick me! Pick me!" as if Molly James is saying it and he laughs and laughs.

Grandad and Ansley played a duet together at her piano recital. When Jamey gets it edited, I will post the video. They both did very well!

No comments: