Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 18, 2008

One more day

One more day and we will have made it through this long week. Nothing especially exciting happened - somehow this week just seemed to drag. Stephen has been a little under the weather - but we are not exactly sure what it is. Theories range from just being tired to cutting 2 year molars. Neither of my kids have ever had teething issues. While I had friends whose babies cried, ran fever and drooled like mad, the only reason I knew my kids were getting teeth is by checking! We had his ears checked today and the dr. said they were clear of infection. Hopefully he will be his perky self again soon.
Ansley had her first "test" at school on vowel sounds and did really well. She sings her vowel sounds around the house and especially in the bathtub. She is really inspired to sing while bathing!
And to brag on her a little bit - we just finished reading through a kids version of Alice in Wonderland (not the original but still a chapter book!) and we have now moved on to Little Women - which Ansley calls "Little Woman". She likes it so far - She is getting used to listening to me read books with little or no pictures. I love to read to her while she lays next to me - she looks at the ceiling and I can almost see the little wheels turning as she attempts to picture the stories.
She is looking forward to staying with my friend Morgan next week while her school is closed for a few days. She is in love with "baby Peyton" and can't wait to visit with him.

And we hope Sara Self is feeling better soon! Wisdom teeth extraction is just plain NO FUN.
I will post some new pictures this weekend. We are going to a football game tomorrow night (I hope it is cool outside!)

No comments: