Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sleepover

Last night Ansley went to her first official sleepover! She has stayed overnight with my parents and Jamey's parents many many times, but this was with friends at a birthday party. I was nervous about it - not because I thought she would miss me (my children have never been ones to cling to me) but rather I am aware that all too soon sweet little girls playing princess begin saying things like "you aren't my friend." and "we are not going to play with you." Of course, none of that seemed to have occurred considering when I picked her up she asked why I was there. And the party was actually at the home of very close friends . I don't know why I worried - I don't remember any traumatic sleepovers from when I was a child. Mostly I remember them being really fun. I guess what is bothering me is the fact that she is old enough now to have these little relationships that I have no control over and that does mean that she will get her feelings hurt. But she is mine - and she still believes that there is so much good in the world and I want her to stay that way for as long as she can.
Last night was apparently great - full of great food, fun games, fingernail painting and much more.

She even got to watch Hannah Montana - (yikes!) and loved it all.

1 comment:

A said...

awwe...lettie, you almost made me cry!!! then I remembered all of our sleepovers and just had to laugh...ahhh, the memories!!!