Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

BIrthdays

This past Saturday we celebrated Ansley's 5th birtday and Stephen's 2nd birthday. It was actually a little early for Ansley as she is not 5 until next month. But December tends to be so crazy it seemed to work out better to have the party for both kids in November. I think they both had a good time. Stephen did really well considering the number of people there. And I was not going to make him open presents - I thought it might stress him out - but Jamey sat with him and together they made it through the presents! Melia took pictures for me in the party room so I will post those as soon as I get the disc from her.
Luke and Sara were there for the party and we are so glad they came. After the morning party, our plan was to eat at the new Bass Pro Shop restaurant - we got there about 1 on Sat. afternoon and there was over and hour wait AND they wanted our group to split up! Not happening. So we drove to Wintzells only to get there and discover the power was out. So becuase everyone was starving and the kickoff of the Alabama/LSU game was quickly approaching, we ate Mexican - not my favorite AT ALL. But the fellowship and company was good and everyone had a good time. Until, as we were leaving, my mom saw the health raiting of 85 and was not pleased to say the least. My mom is an AVID health ratings watcher - probably moreso than most people. But at that point, what could we do?

Today we are home becuase schools are closed for Veterans Day. The kids are eating waffles and watching the Disney channel. Jamey is still sleeping. I am trying to decide whether to tackle the disaster that is Ansley's room or, perhaps even more exciting, mop the kitchen. Decisions, Decisions.

Thanks to everyone who made the kids' party so special. To have so many people who love my 2 kids is really an awesome thing.

No comments: