Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thoughts on Texas, birthdays, football and pajamas

Well, tonight I am a happy girl. Jamey has been gone since last Thursday on a trip to Austin, Texas. He went to a geek convention. Actually, the real name was the supermicrocomputing somethingorother, but he said it was pretty much a dork convention. They invited certain high school teachers from around the nation to attend the conference to see how to better integrate micro computing into education. He had a good time but I am pretty sure he is glad to be home. And i know the kids and I are certainly glad to have him back. He also brought back a suitcase full of SWAG - or stuff we all get. The kids loved it. It was pretty much a bunch of little light up gadgets and stuff but the kids had a lot of fun with it.

I did have a great birthday weekend though, even with him being gone. Saturday night my mom arranged a little surprise get together for me and some friends a this local place where you go and they walk you through painting a picture. Here we are hard at work painting and drinking wine, and then painting some moreIt was a lot of fun and I totally recommend it! It was only about $30 a person I think and you bring your own food and drinks.

Let's see, what have I done to get ready to leave for Disney in less than 48 hours? Um, NOTHING. Well, I did find Stephen's mickey ears, but I have no clue where Ansley's are. About 6 months ago, Jamey said something like, "We should really put these up so we will know where they are for Disney." Yeah - well, that was a great plan and all....

We do have a great concern though about the return from Disney. There is a game (you may have heard of it) called the Iron Bowl that will be played at 2:30 on the day we are to return from Disney. So we have 3 options really:
1. Leave Disney at midnight Friday night and drive straight back here (I am voting for this one but Jamey says I am being unrealistic)
2. Add another day to our trip and just stay in Orlanda - that is fine and all, but I would really like to have my Sunday to recover from the trip and prepare for the week.
3. Leave orlando Sat morning and drive until 2:30 and stop somewhere - not so appealing b/c what would the rest of us do while Jamey and his dad are watching the game?

I am not sure what we are going to do...

On a side note - I just want to send a shout out to my dear friend Morgan. One of the best Mommies I know and an inspiration to me. Ansley says for me to add, "and she lets me do projects and doesn't tell me to clean up all day."

Here are Ansley and Stephen modeling their new Christmas pajamas courtesy of Nanny - who was my life saver the past 5 days while Jamey was gone. Think - Live in Nanny and Housekeeper.

No comments: