Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I have never been this far behind..

Christmas is totally sneaking up on me this year. With a trip to Disney and then another trip to the mountains four days later, my house is a wreck. Piles of folded laundry are waiting to be put away. Random bags from both trips still sit in my living room. Some presents are stashed in the closet but not a single one is wrapped. I guess Christmas will come no matter what is or is not accomplished and that is a good thing. (Isn't that a lesson from The Grinch who stole Christmas?)

But despite my being so behind in some areas, our tree it up and beautiful. The kids decorated the tree last night and that was really fun. Well, actually, they decorated the lower 30% of it or so. And they would not allow Jamey or I to change a few of the ornaments to the top part of the tree, so our uneven, yet beautiful tree, is ready for the season. It was really fun watching the 2 kids decorate the tree. They had a good time unwrapping each ornament - they would get so excited holding each one up. And the ones they liked the best were the ones they had made. Those are actually my favorite too! Our tree is not coordinated by color or by theme. There are no expensive matching ornaments.Our tree is truly a reflection of our family. From the ornament Jamey and I bought at Disneyland in California on our honeymoon 8 years ago to the thumbprint snowmen the kids made last year, I do love our Christmas tree!

I am counting down the days until school is out. Next week is CRTs, angel tree pickup, 2 Christmas programs, 2 Christmas parties and no, I repeat NO, half days of school. Sure State Education People - kids are really eager and willing to focus on their studies the last 2 days before Christmas holidays! Those will be productive days of school, I'm sure.

17 days until Christmas!

1 comment:

MBH said...

I am with you...you need to be off half days for the last two. At least your week should go by quickly with all the scheduled hoopla. Did you have fun in the mtns?