Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

30th birthday and other happenings

Well, it finally happened. As Melia said, it was inevitable. I turned 30 yesterday. And it wasn't so bad really. I had a fantastic weekend at the the Grand Hotel in Point Clear. This was my birthday surprise from Jamey and it was really exactly what I wanted. We didn't have to drive 10 hours to get there, or take an airplane. The trip was short but I might as well been in another part of the country. I enjoyed my time at the spa in the quiet room. (Which by the way, while I was in the quiet room, I was asked by another girl, "What are you supposed to do in here?" "Um, I think be quiet. See the name on the door?" She was still very confused and I quickly went back to reading).

I came home Sunday around noon to a wonderful surprise Tinkerbell party put together by my family. Elizabeth made a fantastic cake and really scrumptios chocolate covered strawberries. Yummmm

But yesterday, myy actual birthday started out much differently than I expected. We had a family from our school (2 kids and their mom) in a car accident right near the school. It was bad. Three of us from Haskew rode up to the accident site just to make sure the girls were not there alone and scared. Thankfully their family lived very near and were already there. The girls were ok, but their mom was injured very badly and was taken by helicopter to USA where she will remain for a while. It was very hard and I wasn't aware of how affected I was by it until about an hour later. All I could picture was those 2 babies (ages 6 and 8) watching their mama be cut out of a mangled steel mess that used to be a car. The fireman mentioned to me as we were leaving and the helicopter was landing, that those girls may not have survived if they had both been in the front seat.

Life is so precious...

And to see those men and women, the paramedics, the officers, the firefighters all come together and work to free her from that car. They were all someone's mom or dad or sister or friend, and they came at the sound of an alarm to help this family.

Back at work, my sweet friends had a little party for me, and I really enjoyed being with them. And last night we ate spagetti and Rice Krispy treats (or as Stephen calls them - Rice Christmas treats) and I enjoyed my night with my kids.

Im glad to be 30. Now lets see what happens next....




On a side kiddo note - Ansley asked for a TV for her room for Christmas. I was telling her that she should probably ask for another present b/c she is not old enough to have a tv in her room yet.
She said, "If we had a playroom, I could put one in there." and I said, "Yes, maybe we could."
"Why don't we have a playroom?" she asked me.
"Well, we just don't have an extra room." I replied.
"But when you have a baby, where will we put it?" She asked.

Before I could answer that there is NO baby #3, Stephen said very confidently, "We give that baby to Meela" (his version of Melia). Guess Stephen's vote on the topic of baby #3 is pretty clear. :)

1 comment:

MBH said...

Your conversations with the kids always makes me smile! :)

Very telling story about the family. I will keep them in my prayers. I know it had to be a hard thing for you to see.

Happy "second 29th", cheater!