Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Stolen from a blogging friend...

Ok - usually I talk about my kids and that is about it. So tonight, this is about me. :) Here goes...

Hobbies:
1. Ok, does facebook count? i really do enjoy talking to people and knowing what they are up to these days. Maybe its b/c I am nosy, I don't know. But I have reconnected with several really good friends from high school and its like we never spent time apart. So I say, facebook haters can just get over it :)

2. reading - I love to read books, magazines, cookbooks, newspapers. Just about anything.

3. I was not cut out to be a stay at home mom. Maybe if Jamey made millions and money was no object, I might not work at all when the kids were really little but I need structure. I like using my college degrees. I like getting out and helping people. I don't feel guilty for liking my job. Now, part time would really be ideal. Time to get chores done at home but still having that time at work would be so perfect. But, since that is not a possibility, off to work I go. I have been very blessed to have loving people care for my kids as babies in their homes and I think that really helped. Stephen has a wonderful lady who keeps him at her home and he loves her. This is his "school" time and it works for us.

4. My house is perpetually messy. We get it straightened just when company is headed our way. There is no nastiness mind you. We don't live in filth. But my kids PLAY in my house. They are very much allowed to build train tracks down the hallway and under the table. To build forts out of the couch. My kids have great bedrooms and I do encourage them to play there too, but our house is where we LIVE. It is not a picture out of pottery barn (in fact I think I might give the Pottery Barn people a headache.) But oh well.


Well, I was going to try to avoid mentioning my kids - and that didn't happen. Oh well. :) They are a part of me so it is hard to leave them out of my writing.

Here's to a 2 day work week thanks to Ida and Veteran's Day.

No comments: