Total Pageviews

Friday, November 6, 2009

Dancing without any music

We took the kids to the Greekfest last night and we all had a really great time. I need to post a picture of Ansley in her wrap she bought. It is bright turquoise blue and has dozens of little gold "coins" hanging from it and when she gets going, the sound is a lot of fun.

We ate and shopped. And the highlight of the night, of course, was the dancing. Our preacher had a sermon recently entitled, "Feeling free to Dance" or something like that. It was basically encouraging us to be free in how we choose to praise and serve the Lord. No one way is right or wrong necessarily. He talked about watching his own toddler son dance freely with no worries as to who was watching or what they were thinking.


Thank is exactly what I witnessed last night, but with one more element. I saw my kids, and dozens of other very happy children, dance and leap and twirl as the band played. As the band concluded its song, the adults around the stage and dance floor began to clap, but the children ON the dance floor took no notice that the music had even finished. They continued to laugh and swing and spin and jump. The music was merely a backdrop to their joy.

That is the joy I feel at being a mother. I love watching them dance with no thoughts of insecurities or worries. They are happy and safe, but what they know is that their mommy is sitting right at the edge of the stage watching their every move. Every time they turn to look for me, so that I will acknowledge their dancing, they smile and wave and blow kisses. With hundreds of people around, this was a moment I will remember for always. Watching my babies hold hands and dance barefoot for all to see spinning until the collapse in a pile of giggles and hugs. This is life. This is life celebrated in the moment. I am blessed.

1 comment:

'BOTB said...

Girl, you are gonna make me cry! I don't think I tell you enough how happy I am that we are still in touch. You are one of my dearest and I love you!