Total Pageviews

Friday, February 10, 2012

Happy Mardi Gras from St. Vincent's Catholic School!

Today was the Mardi Gras parade at Stephen's school. Each child created his or her own float from a cardboard box and walked in the parade with their throws. Stephen was Indiana Jones and and we turned his box into a rugged JEEP perfect for Indiana Jones to drive through his adventures. It was a great parade and the kids and parents had a good time. There was no need for barricades at this parade! Imagine that.

Stephen was not very excited to throw the beads we had for him. "I love these beads, Mama. I love them in my heart." 

"Um...these beads that stink and that have been stored for a year in the garage in a plastic popcorn bucket from Disney? These are the beads you love in your heart?"

"Yes."

So I told him to throw what he wanted to. I mean, no one forces the people in real parades to throw anything - although they get blasted in the paper the next day if they are stingy. But since no one was writing any reviews of this parade and he is 5 and the parade lasted a total of 8 minutes for him I think, I told him to have fun and throw if he wanted to. He did throw to a few lucky kids, his sister, his Nanny (my mom) and his Grandad (Steve)
Here are a few pictures from the day.



1 comment:

MBH said...

The masked observer was present at this parade and thinks that Indiana Jones was the cutest ever. Wearing a cowboy hat and a smile that was the spitting image of his father, I think he stole the show. The pregnant woman yelling at him to "Throw more beads, Mister" could have kept her voice down as other parents, I mean parade participants, couldn't be heard over her loud cries. At one point, everyone in the crowd thought her actions were going to rival those seen on Bourbon Street, but luckily she was just shedding her sweatshirt in the heat and that was all! In the end, fun was had by all and Indiana Jones made out with the most beads of anyone at the parade!