Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Thoughts.

We seem to have things down pretty well as far as night time routines go. I imagine it is similar to most other families - although I do think it odd at times when before bed at night, Ansley is working on her "book" online through a program MCPSS uses, Stephen is doing a phonics lesson on the IPAD, I am blogging and Jamey is watching basketball streaming live through our internet to our television. My kids can choose some type of screen time at night. They watch very little, if any, tv during the weekdays, so I don't really worry about it too much. We simply don't have time to watch many cartoons. When we get home in the afternoons from ballet, piano, tumbling or whatever, it is time for dinner, baths, a little relax time and then its off to bed. Tonight they chose to watch a bit of Robin Hood while having a Pollman's Mardi Gras cookie and a glass of milk. Ansley has had a bit of a sore mouth this week from a procedure done yesterday. Both my mom and I have expressed a bit of concern about her orthodontic work affecting her eating. Eating has never been high on her priority list, and if it hurts to do so, then I don't want her missing out on calories (side note - you will never hear me say that about myself) My mom says she gets that from her mom - who would go a all day and then say, "did I actually eat anything?"

Both the kids go for checkups tomorrow. I am not sure how tall they are - although I should know b/c we measured them both before the Disney trip a few months ago. I know Ansley is around 45 pounds - so I am wondering what percentile that puts her in.

Stephen had a tiny cavity filled yesterday, and although he would have been fine at school, a day spent with Great-Grandma was how he chose to spend the afternoon. I don't blame him. When I arrived to pick them up about 3:00pm, Ansley, Stephen and Mamaw Jo were in the middle of a Walton's episode. Three of the Walton's girls had DARED to enter a race that previously only men could enter. Both of the kids had comments on that one - (Stephen: How come the girls racing is against the law? Its not against the law at my school. And if I beat them I don't feel bad.)
We had to leave for ballet before we could find out if the girls beat those boys who had been teasing them all episode. Ansley feels certain they did. Stephen said the girls probably won but it was only because the boys tried to cheat and probably got caught so they weren't allowed to win.
Its funny they both love that show. That and Little House on the Prairie. I do count the days they spend with their Great Grandma as days well invested. School will always be there..special days with loved ones might not.

We are headed to the beach this weekend to hunt out the perfect house for our June escape to Dauphin Island. We are forced to add a bedroom with Ms. Molly James coming along for this trip, but we are happy to do it. These warm sunny February days make me ready for some sand and saltwater. And some downtime. We will have our downtime this summer with a new little baby who smells of milk and baby shampoo. We will put sunglasses on her and take pictures of her wearing sunhats. My mom will sit with her in the shade and we will dip her tiny toes into the gentle little laps of water to see her reaction. We are dreaming of summertime here at our house - and new babies coming with the spring.


Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time.  ~John Lubbock

1 comment:

'BOTB said...

This post makes me homesick for the warm salty breezes, the gentle lapping of waves, the exhaustion only a day in the sunshine and sand can bring, and good friends to share it all with. Miss you, Lettiebelle!