Total Pageviews

Monday, August 18, 2008

A post for Uncle Luke

Luke leaves in the morning for some, um...well, I am not exactly sure what it is, but it basically involved some very strenuous physical and mental tests. He will know more about where his career with the army is headed after this training/evaluation and he and Sara are glad for that. They are stationed at Fort Benning right now but they are both itching to move again. We will be thinking about Luke while he is gone to North Carolina and hoping he can check in to see pictures of the kids.
Ansley starts back with her dance classes tomorrow. I think this will be the year where she actually begins to learn some real technique. She is most excited that she gets to take tumbling and Jamey is having visions of college gymnastics scholarships.

And I am glad to say that one day has passed this week with no biting taking place so far. My mom has been coaching him on being assertive and self-confident as he navigates the "Here We Grow" class at Oak Park Church of God Daycare. I think her work may be paying off. I keep waiting for my cell phone to ring while I am at work....
hopefully the bites are a thing of the past. (I can hope, can't I?)
He is such a sweet little man though, full of kisses and funny dances and expressions that make us laugh out loud - I just want him to be happy.

I think maybe I am having the hardest time adjusting to day care simply b/c we have never done it before. Ansley stayed with my good friend Brooke while she was small and Brooke is WONDERFUL. Stephen stayed with her too until she was kidnapped recently. Well, actually, her husband got a great new job that allows him to finish seminary - so I guess I shouldn't complain. But everyone at my house still misses Ms. Brooke!

I will post some pictures soon of Ansley in her dance clothes. She told me tonight she was going to dream about "gymnaptics."

No comments: