Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ornery Little Man

I am home from work today with one VERY irritable almost 2 year old. He is running fever and is just generally miserable and nothing I can do or say makes him feel any better. At the moment he is crying in his bed - and before you think, "what a great mom you are for leaving him sick and crying in bed!", he cries when I am in there too so I think a short break for both of us was a good thing. He is generally irritated at the world, and since the world is outside and unavailable, I get to be the one who takes the brunt of his grumpiness.

I am hearing silence - let me go check oh him - Please God let him fall asleep........

Yes - he is asleep. We will see how long that lasts. Last night was pretty miserable for both of us. He cried and whimpered and refused medicine for his fever. I put him to bed at 8:30 and I went to bed soon after (long day at work) but by 9:30 he was back up and grumpy to say the least! Poor baby. About 11:30 last night we were watching this very strange kids show called "oobi" and he finally calmed down. It was another hour or so before he fell asleep.

I am guessing it is just a viral thing so we are just going to ride it out at home for now.

On a different note, Jamey took Ansley to the fair last night. Just the 2 of them.

Makes me fall in love with him all over when he does things like that.

I'll update on the grumpy 2 year old in a few hours for Luke and Elizabeth.

No comments: