Total Pageviews

Monday, October 6, 2008

Please no rain!!!

October is one of my favorite months of the year. We have decorated the front porch with mums and we are headed to the pumpkin patch soon with the kids. Tomorrow Ansley and I are going with her class to a farm in Wilmer. I think I am just as excited to go as she is. It has not rained here in WEEKS and tomorrow there is a chance it might - please no rain!

At this very moment, Jamey is on his way to the Saints game in New Orleans with a good friend of ours (who is also our pastor - I have never been "friends" with a pastor before - so far, so good) :-) I opted to stay home with the kids and really I am happy to do it. They play so well together now. At this very moment Stephen is lying on top of Ansley as they watch Yo Gabba Gabba (which is, by the way, the WEIRDEST kids show ever - If you watch The SOUP of E! they are always making fun of it). He loves to be where she is. And she does not always want him there, but usually obliges.

Stephen has started using the potty which really is a very exciting thing - those with potty trained kids will understand. He doesn't tell us when he needs to go, but if we put him on there, he usually will go! And he is so proud of himself when he does. He is such a sweet little man. I love my kids being 4 and 1 (they will soon be 5 and 2!) They are excited to see me after work, they want me to be with them and play with them and watch them swing or run or slide. I try to soak them in - these 2 little people who are so funny and smart. They love to take the crayons outside and lay in the grass with their coloring books. Stephen loves to drive his trucks around and Ansley loves her workbooks.

I will post pictures of the farm tomorrow night. Tomorrow is a busy day - Ansley has tumbling and ballet.

And please - no rain tomorrow!

2 comments:

Ellis said...

Lettie,

I hope you had a fun trip to the farm and that it didn't get cancelled b/c of rain! Have a good week!

Elizabeth said...

I hate that Ansley's trip got cancelled. BUT at least she got to do something fun, I know how much she likes Pump It Up. I talked to Stephen tonight. He said, "Deej, I tee-tee potty, bye bye." I was so very proud. Tell them I said hey, and give them kisses. Talk to you soon. D Jo