Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Say what you need to say.

So I have people reading this blog that I don't know. Well, duh I guess considering it is on the internet with no password restrictions. But with that comes emails from others - mostly mamas. And a few questions, which is sort of bazaar to me, but I am going with it. A few have said they want to record life, their kids, their thoughts - on a blog - but don't know what to say or don't have time. Well, here are my thoughts on such topics: (Ready or not)
Heard that song by John Mayer called Say what you Need to Say? A good song - even if he seems rather an arrogant guy in real life (not that I have ever met him so I suppose that is a little judgemental on my part)
One line of the song is "Its better to say too much, than to never say anything at all."
And that is this blog I suppose. I try to say things - in words, pictures, quotes. Life is not perfect by any means (my sweet neighbor Kelly pointed this out tonight by saying that she NEVER minded coming to my house, because my house always looks 'lived in') My house is rarely clean 100%. Even if I invite you over, I most likely have a secret and morbidly embarrassing hiding spot for stuff not belonging in one specific place. And guess what? I let my kids play in the LIVING ROOM. (gasp) I mean - they can bring toys in here. And play. And play dress up. And put on a fantastic pirate play complete with a princess who does NOT in fact need to be rescued, but is actually a wizard from Hogwarts in disguise. (Is that not a wonderful story line?? I know I was on the edge of my couch seat during this 6 minute long performance. The lights were even dimmed before the play so that I would know it was time to stop loading the dishwasher and get to my seat in a timely manner. I was also asked to leave my cell phone in the kitchen ("It is RUDE to text Ms. Jill during our play." Ansley whispered loudly to me.)
So what does all this have to do with blogging? Well - here is my connection. My house is messy. My children are currently watching a movie and I am sitting with them blogging. I could be doing laundry, I could be looking for that dang Netflix movie I need to mail back so that I can tell Netflix to go sit on a tack concerning their recent price hike. But I am writing instead about this fantastic play. And later, I can read this and remember. That, to me, is what blogging is about. Who cares if you are the only one who reads it. This blog is for me to remember this time in my life. I am writing more than  I need to probably so I don't forget. When children are ages 4 and 7, they change every day. I feel as though sometimes I am running next to them, watching them grow up while I am gasping for breath and holding on for dear life. One day they are teeny things that have sippy cups and pajamas with feet. And then I hear them using words like "actually" and "apparently" and asking if there are really time limits for computer time for kids written into the constitution (I may or may not have made it sound as if our founding fathers found it prudent to limit screen time for children - I am going down fast with this one due to the thinking face of one freckly little girl)

Blog. Or take pictures. Or scrapbook. Or all three. If you have the desire, try it. Just jump in. Try it. And then Say what you Need to say.

3 comments:

A said...

Lettie, this is exactly why I blog. As a journal of our lives. Then at the end of each year, I get the year made into a book. So when the kids grow up we will literally be able to grab a year of their lives off a shelf and all ow them to read all about it - pictures included!!

aeb said...

Love ~ Love ~ Love!!!!

MBH said...

I'm going to say that I MISS YOU! I love your freckled face little brilliant girl and your pirate little boy. We must see each other soon!