Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tuesdays on the beach

 I guess since this is my own blog, I can complain if I want to - so here is my rant. Which is catapulting me in the category of grumpy old person I know - but here goes anyway. Why, why, why, why, why do people assume that I want to listen to the music THEY are listening to? I suppose it makes people feel super 'vacationy', super young and fun to blast Kenny Chesney and or the Zach whatever his name is band music from their truck or boat, but it makes me grouchy! Life is short, I know. I should not worry about such things. But when I am sitting on the porch, I don't WANT to hear toes in the sand 400 times in a row. So label me a grump.
Now back to this regularly scheduled post:

So today was very nice as Tuesdays go. We slept in (last night 4th of July party at the house of some good friends - where they had homemade blueberry cheesecake ice cream - wonderful!) and then went to the estuarium. The kids enjoyed seeing and touching all the marine life. I learned that shark corneas can be transplanted into a human eye!
This afternoon we napped ( I know, I know - we are keeping ridiculous sleep schedules) and then headed to the beach to swim and lay around (something we seem to do very well these days)

The waves were pretty big today and the water was fairly clear. We could see fish in the swells of the waves. They were bigger in size than ones we have seen lately. The kids love the waves. They use floats and ride them up and down and then when the current has carried us down a ways, we get out and walk back to our spot and start again. A lovely way to spend the afternoon.
The fish were also jumping a lot. Jamey said I probably didn't want to know why they were jumping so I will just leave that alone.

After a fabulous dinner tonight of grilled chicken (Jamey said he burned it but he absolutely did not - it was wonderful) we are now watching, brace yourself, 101 ways to leave a game show. This show is pure ridiculousness. As it is vacation, and I really don't have to get up and do chores and prepare for the next day, we are watching it. Back in our real life, I would have shut this show down a long time ago.

Some of the recent observations from the little people in our world:

1. Harry Potter movie trailer - Ansley : "Um, I like Harry Potter pretty good (she has seen the first movie a few times) but I don't think I will ask you to take me to this one." Me: Yeah - no way that is happening for a while. (which by  the way -   I am still trying to emotionally prepare myself for this last movie - can it really be over? - this is not as traumatic as finishing the last book, but still pretty major)
2. Stephen after seeing a commercial for Dove deodorant:  "There is no way I am ever, EVER, wearing 'beoderant'. As soon as you wear that stuff - the part under your arm starts getting hair on it and that is just gross."
3. Stephen on seeing the preview for Captain America: "Are you sure that is Captain America? That girl was kissing him. I don't think Captain America has a girl kissing him in real life."
4. Ansley on why Jamey and I jumped over the couch, the dog, and the bean bag chair to mute the television when the in-depth preview for the upcoming Jaycee Dugar interview with Diane Sawyer came on: "' Stephen, there are some of these things we shouldn't watch. Like shows about people who kidnap children and other bad stuff. That is why mama mutes everything all the time."

Now back to this ridiculous game show. Happy Tuesday,everyone. :)
(PS - sorry for the rant at the beginning - I actually do like country music, just not blasting from three doors down. )
Now I feel a bit guilty for complaning. I am going to post real quick before I delete it.)
:)

No comments: