Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 29, 2009

The end of January

I must say that January seems to be dragging itself out this year! It feels like so long ago that we came back from Christmas. I am ready for this school year to clip right along. We are looking forward to some fun at Mardi Gras in the next few weeks. It is funny. I didn't know a THING about MArdi Gras growing up. My mom certainly didn't have anything against it, but since it was just her and me and Luke most of the time, I don't blame her for not dragging us downtown to battke the crowds for beads and moonpies! Even in high school I went to a few parades with friends once in a while, but Mardi Gras was for skiing! And I really miss going. I havne't been since before Ansley was born. I would love to go again soon. I am actually pretty good skier believe it or not! I can actually snow ski better than I can water ski - go figure.

Saturday is Luke's birthday! Sara and Luke are coming in tomorrow night so we can visit with him on his bday. Last year he was in Iraq for his birthday. The year before that he was in California training for Iraq. So we are glad to have him here and thankful to Sara for sharing him with us! The kids are excited he is coming. Ansley has been counting the days since we told her Tuesday. She went with me to the store today to buy ingredients for his birthday cake.

Aunt DJo (Elizabeth) is also headed back tonight from Washington state - and snow! The kids miss seeing her during the week but she is getting to travel to all these cool places now with her new job.

We ate at Jamey's grandma's tonight. Stephen spent most of the night tackling "pawpaw" to the ground. I looked in on them one time and Stephen was rolling over the top of him and both of them were laughing. It was good to see. Then the kids fought for Mamaw Jo's lap space. There is another great grandbaby on the way in May via Melia and Josh. I am so glad my kids will have a cousin close to their age! The baby boy is nameless at this point, but we are all still very excited!

Here are some pictures from the trip to Atlanta a few weeks ago. Here is Ansley eating at The Varsity in downtown Atlanta:

Group shot in The Varsity
Ansley and Uncle Luke swimming at the hotel:
Aunt Sara, Uncle Luke and the kids at the aquarium
Beluga whales - my favorite thing there!

1 comment:

MBH said...

Happy birthday to Luke! Looks like you had fun in Hotlanta. John left for Kuwait yesterday, so say a prayer for him. I miss skiing also. I have a chance to go this year, but I am not sure with Peyton and the drive. What do you think?