Total Pageviews

Friday, January 2, 2009

"Nothing Mommy"

The following scene took place this morning. The kids were playing in the living room and I was in my room. As I walked out of my bedroom door, Stephen stands up from the floor with a pillowcase wrapped around the front of him.


Me: What are you doing Stephen?
Stephen: Nothing Mommy. (this is said with big brown eyes blinking slowly)
Me: What DID you do Stephen?
Stephen: Nothing Mommy. (eyes a little bigger)
Me: Can I have the pillowcase?
Stephen: No, my piddowcase

I remove the pillowcase to see this:
With KIDPROOF SAFETY scissors - he had managed to cut a nice triangle out of the bottom of his pajama shirt. THank the Lord he didn't cut his hair of his sister's hair! Needless to say, the scissors were put away. He actually cuts quite well for a 2 year old (his motivation is to do whatever his big sister does) and perhaps I have been a little lax in the supervision of the cutting activities - but no more!

Ansley said toward this end of this: "I guess scissors will be another Stephen napping activity." And I told her yes. There are many things she gets to do while Stephen is napping: color with markers, play on the computer, build with her tiny legos.

No more scissors for Stephen for a while!

1 comment:

GiGi said...

Lettie, I just found your blog from Scot and Heidi's. Your kids are adorable. Is Macy a new one on the way? I'm confused. You'll have to forgive me...I'm old. I think it's hilarious that your Zodiac sign is the sheep. Don't I remember that you hate sheep? Barna