Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A week of firsts

First off - Good luck to D-Jo (Elizabeth) who is flooded into a hotel in Washington State somewhere! Good luck and if you see an ark go by, flag it down! The kids miss you!


Well, this week has been eventful I suppose. A week of firsts really.

I ran a mile today. I have been working up to it and today I ran a mile at 4.5 miles an hour and I was not gasping for breath upon completion of the mile. I was pretty proud of myself. Of course, adding running into the equation does not help me keep my calories way down - Running makes you hungry!

We canceled our satellite -so for the first time since I was very young we have no cable or satellite. I wish I could say it was for some deep meaningful reason, but really it will save us a good chunk of money a month and we seriously watched 5 channels out of 200. We watched Noggin, ESPN, HGTV and I watched (must to my shame in admitting this) E! So now we have rabbit ears. We are now Netflix members and the Wii is getting much more playtime. So far, so good. And we have enough DVDs for the kids to watch a different everyday for a year. I think we will make it.

Stephen told me he had to potty for the first time today! And I took him and he did it! I was very proud. He has gone many time when I take him, but he has never told me on his own. I was trying to bribe him with M&Ms, but the only reward the child needs is to be able to flush the potty! He loves it! Here's to a trip to Walmart WITHOUT purchasing diapers!

We also went to the beach for the first time in 2009. After a somewhat stressful few days, it was really nice to walk on the beach and dig in the sand with my 2 babies and my mom! My mom is an excellent beach partner. She looks for shells and makes castles and generally delights my kids. Here are some pictures. I am attempting to use some of the manual settings on my camera instead of just relying on the auto focus at all time - so they are not the best. I am learning though.

We are headed to Atlanta MLK weekend to go to the aquarium! Very fun. Can't wait to see Luke and Sara there. And thanks to my killer hotwire.com deal, it is CHEAP!

1 comment:

MBH said...

Aww! What cute pics. Where did you go to the beach? Have fun in Atlanta next weekend. Erich informed me that he might not be off on Friday, if not, I could still keep Ansley for you. I'll let you know.