Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 15, 2009

A survey

What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

Um, well I ate Thai food for the first time and it was ok - not my favorite

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any last year so it was easy not to keep them!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

My friend Sara had baby Sophia in December. And my good friend Jill found out baby #3 was on the way. I can't wait to see baby kate!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Thankfully, no. But 3 sweet little boys at my school lost their 29 year old mama and it still breaks my heart to this day.

5. What countries did you visit?

None. But I would love to go somewhere!

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

discipline to stick with the running I have started.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

In January of 08, my little man started walking. Also that month Ansley started "big school" and wore a uniform for the first time! Our trip to Disney in Nov is a really great memory.
I also came really, really close to losing my job in the spring. That was scary.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I guess sticking with the fight to keep my job. It was really hard last spring fighting that battle

9. What was your biggest failure?
spending another year weighing the same as I did the year before.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

an infection last March that landed me in the hospital for 2 days! Not a fun experience.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Jamey's satellite radio was pretty good. I can't think of anything I bought for myself that was worth mentioning.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

My brother and his wife were reunited after he was deployed for 15 months.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Some of the parents at my school who talk to their children like they honestly don't care if they live or die. Breaks my heart on a weekly basis.

14. Where did most of your money go?

daycare and tuition. Let me say it again, daycare and tuition!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
our trip to Disney and finding out a new cousin was on the way. (Yeah Melia! - and Josh too I guess) and of course Luke returning from Iraq and making Captain.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?

probably songs off the Noggin channel - sad, I know.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder?
happier
b) thinner or fatter?
about the same - blech.
c) richer or poorer?
about the same.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
exercised and scrapbooked.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
worried

20. How did you spend Christmas?
with my family. It was very nice.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I fall in love with Jamey all the time. He is such a good daddy and he makes me feel beautiful. He has never, ever said anything about how I look in a negative manner. That is a really man folks. And I love him.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

House Hunters and other HGTV and Food Network shows

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope - pretty much the same people who make me crazy still make me crazy

24. What was the best book you read?
Nothing really stands out. I just started the Twilight series though.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

None

26. What did you want and get?
2 healthy kids who are happy in their school/childcare situations

27. What did you want and not get?
I can't really think of anything - maybe a raise (haha)

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

I have no idea! The worse movie was the Tale of Despereaux! It stunk!

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

Went to church with my mom - Jamey was in Austin for work. She made me chicken and dressing. Yum.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
worrying less

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?

Um, I work in an elementary school. I don't think I have a fashion concept.

32. What kept you sane?
My mom and Jamey. and Luke and my friend Jill!

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I have a crush on Peyton Manning. Jamey knows about it people!

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

People believing the dribble fed by certain candidates.

35. Who did you miss?

my friend Jill who I talk to frequently but I never get to see! :-(

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Our pastor and his wife who moved to Mobile in 2008

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Enjoy the moment. Being happy right here with what I have.

No comments: