Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 31, 2009

my 25 random things list from FB

1. I really love my job for the most part. I do not think I could be a stay at home mom full time, but I would like to work maybe 4 days a week. It would be nice to have one more day off to take care of errands and grocery shopping without doing it on the weekend.

2. I have two really great kids and probably will not have any more and I am fine with that. I can't imagine life without them. I would really like to adopt/foster one day. MOst people already know that about me though!

3. I was made to be married to Jamey. We have been married 8 years and we really have a great time together. He loves me and the kids - I know that without a doubt.

4. I come from a small family whereas Jamey comes from a HUGE family. I can see the positives and negatives of both. But I wouldn't change my childhood or family even if I could.

5. I wish we owned a piano!

6. I have a great desire for granite or silestone countertops. The new houses in our neighborhood have them so I have to look at the signs advertising them everyday and it drives me crazy!

7. I do frequent home visits for my job, and when I see the places my kids (at school) live in, my heart is so sad. Trailers with no insulations, flooring falling through, dogs and cats going in and out through holes in the walls. Makes me feel grateful for what I have - even for my nongranite countertops.

8. I would love to be 25 pounds less than I am. We will see if that ever actually happens. I also would have plastic surgery tomorrow if I thought insurance would pay for it! I am all about being happy with what God gave you, but having to buy dresses a size bigger b/c of a certain area on top is just about too much for me to handle!

9. I love to read and when I mention to someone that I am reading a good book, iit infuriates me when they say things like, "I am just too busy to read." Like my life isn't busy? Its what you choose to do!

10. I love bathing my kids each night, brushing teeth and hair and reading books to them. I hope they both like to read as much as I do.

11. The Duggar Family on TLC fascinates me. I would love to meet them.

12. I have good friends at work. I have good friends who I dont see on a daily basis, but I still feel close to them. I am glad to reconnect with them online.

13. I am very proud of my brother for his accomplishments. I am also proud of my mom who is one of the best people I know. I also have GREAT inlaws and 2 great sister in laws. My inlaws love and ADORE my children.

14. I traveled to Europe in college with Melia and Elizabeth and had a fantastic time. I would love to take Jamey back to Scotland. France, I am pretty sure he can live without visiting.

15. I would love to go to Prince Edward Island in Canada someday. I LOVE the Anne of Green Gables series that is set there.

16. I will probably start school again sometime this year. Have I paid off the student loans from the last degree? Absolutely not. But nevertheless, back to school I go. I think I would go to law school if there was one here in Mobile. Maybe one day I can.

17. I played softball for probably 10 years growing up. I played on tournament teams that traveled around. I was pretty darn good too! I was a pitcher. And I can hit the ball to right field easily if you give me an outside pitch. I would love to play again. But not fast pitch. Blech.

18. When Jamey and I first got married, we lived in a little converted garage on his grandparents property. It was free! I loved it there. Melia and Josh lived there last summer!

19. I enjoyed being pregnant, I enjoyed having my babies and I enjoyed nursing them. I am a breastfeeding advocate and sometimes go a little crazy about it! When Stephen weaned before his first birthday, I cried.

20. I wish we had more money in savings. I stayed home with both kids after they were born and we have not been able to build up our savings since then like I would like. Hopefully one day.

21. I have a dog Macy who is the world's best dog. Calm, loving, loves her sleep. She showed up in our front yard before Ansley was born. We put up flyers, but no one called about her. She stayed with us and we love her. I recently read Marley and me and it makes me cry thinking that one day we will be without her.

22. Macy is named after the singer Macy Gray. When Jamey proposed to me, he sang a part of one of Macy Gray's songs to me.

23. I had a surprise honeymoon. I did not know where we were going until we got to the aiport. GREAT surprise. We flew to Las Vegas and stayed for several days. Then rented a car and drove to Los Angeles through the desert. Jamey did a fabulous job planning it.

24. I almost lost my job last year and it was very scary. I can't imagine the heartache and worry that people who are losing their jobs today must be feeling.

25. I have hurricane anxiety. Before I had kids, I thought it was so much fun. But during Katrina, one of our good friends lost everything and was rescued from his house by the National Guard. During that same storm half an oak tree missed out house by inches. Ansley was a baby. I was scared for the first time then that I had made a bad decision to stay instead of evacuating. As soon as we could get out of town, I left with Ansley and went to stay with Jamey's aunt and uncle while he stayed here.

26.I know I am only supposed to list 25, but I didn't want to end on a hurricane themed item. So instead, my last random thing is that I LOVE cereal. Pretty much any kind. Yum. I could eat it for all my meals.

1 comment:

Scott said...

So I know I'm supposed to comment on THIS blog, but there is too much ammunition for me and I'm afraid my not too tactile wit will come bolstering out of me. I will however comment on the pics from Atlanta, the one at the Varisty in particular .... I TOLD Duke (after living in the ATL for a few years) too go easy on the chili dogs and chili burgers - man, looks like he's paying for it there.

Much Love - The Spook