Total Pageviews

Monday, January 12, 2009

Sticking with it...

Well, I am not sure if you can call 11 days really sticking with it, but it is more than I have ever run IN MY LIFE. Except maybe during the years of softball practice I guess. But that could mostly consist of me trailing all the faster girls around the bases while the coaches yelled things like, "Why are you running slow motion, Lettie?" or "you run like a girl!" The "run like a girl" comment was the worst. Pitching and hitting the ball to right field were my talents and I am proud of them! But neither one of those activities is available at 5:00am so running it is. And since I am only racing against myself, I seem to do well. I can now run one mile on the treadmill set to 1.0 incline. I can run about 75% of a mile outside. I am telling you that running outside is HARDER than on the treadmill! This is a new discovery for me. But with Luke coaching me from afar and the thought of him taking me for a run this weekend in GA gives me the inspiration to go on.

Tonight we got to visit with our friends Sara and Jeremy who have 2 sweet girls - Anna Faith (5) and Jordan (3) and a new little one Sophia (3 weeks!) She seems to mostly sleep when I am around, but Sara tells a different tale of a little night owl. But she is a beautiful baby with lots of hair!
I am not sure exactly what Stephen thinks of her. He sort of eyed her for a while and then - out of the blue - ran over to Sara to try to pick up Sophia! He wanted to hold her, but not in a gentle sort of way. He did hold her, but refused to look at her! I wasn't exactly sure how to interpret that 2 year old behavior. Jamey, however, seems to think it meant, "Please mom, lets not have one of these."

We are headed to Atlanta this weekend to go to the aquarium. I think it is supposed to be 19 Saturday morning. 19!?!?!?! Thankfully our activities are inside. And here are a few pictures of Luke and Sara's babies - Mater (the white one) who is Sara's joy. Mater was her constant companion while Luke was overseas! He took good care of her. And their newest baby, Lily - a black Standard poodle mix (I think). We are excited to see the new addition this weekend.

1 comment:

A said...

19, huh??? I would take 19 at this point...supposed to be zero tonight...zero isnt even a temp?!?

and I had to laugh at the softball comment...those were the days.